4 Mile Medical Centre
Telephone: + 675 311 2272 / 325 4027
24 Hours Emergency + 675 7686 2769
Facsimile: + 675 325 3598
Steamships Commercial Complex. Behind City Pharmacy, Waigani Drive
PO Box 5222 Boroko, NCD
Papua New Guinea.
Medical Team Profile
Dr Helen Emang Director and is a Private General Practitioner, specializing in Tuberculosis and other lung diseases. She has had 25 years of experience in the medical field, and has been practising for 18 years in Papua New Guinea in the Port Moresby General Hospital. She is well able in terms of her knowledge of tropical conditions and their treatments.
Dr. Bage Yominao, is a Eye Specialist, She has been in this field more than 27 years at the Port Moresby General Hospital. With her experience gained from working in a busy national hospital, she also helps the team in any general cases. She has involved a lot of community health services and training programs in the communities as well.
* Surgical & Medical Procedures
* Obstetrics & Family Planning
* Heart Specialists
* Medical Examinations & Medical Reports
* Eye Specialists
* All Sports Injuries Swedish & Sports Massage
* Chinese Acupunture
4 Mile Medical Centre
Dr Helen Hu Emang
Dr B. Yomiano
7 Days a week 8am - 5pm:
Four Mile Medical Centre offers comprehensive private Clinic services to patients in the National Capital District.
The Clinic provides services in the area of general medical care for the whole family. Hypertension, heart disease, diabetes and arthritis are just some of the problems that can be dealt with by our very experienced medical team. We can also give advice on weight loss and education on public health issues like Tuberculosis (TB) and HIV/AIDS. Children’s immunization vaccines and medical checks are available upon request.
Obstetric and Gynaecological services
Obstetric and Gynaecological services include antenatal care, ultrasound scanning, delivery managements, family planning, cervical cancer screening (Pap smears), infertility investigations, STI infections, and various other procedures and operations.
The counseling service is provided by a psychiatric Nurse. We are in close contact in individual cases if this is clinically necessary. The counselor is experienced in dealing with a wide range of psychological problems, particularly stress and depression. Referrals may be made to Resident Psychiatrists or Psychiatric services should the need arise. The service is provided with care to preserve full confidentiality of the client.
The Centre also provides a range of corporate services including Executive Health Screening and Pre-employment medical examinations.
Our promise to you
We, the staff of Four Mile Clinic, will make every effort to ensure that you, the client, receive the excellent standard of care that you deserve.
Within the Clinic
During your every visit to our clinic, we will endeavour to ensure that you will:
- receive information about the clinic's services in a language that is easy to understand
- be cared for in a safe and comfortable environment, with appropriate clinical standards
- be given a clear explanation about your condition by your consultant and any treatment, investigation or procedure proposed, including any risks and alternatives, before agreeing on the course of action to be taken
- be able to seek a second opinion if you so wish
- have reasonable access to your medical records
- expect all staff to treat any information about you or your condition in confidence
- have access to an up-to-date register of consultants with practicing privileges at the Clinic with details of their specialties
- have any complaint, verbal or written, fully investigated and receive a response, either verbal or written in accordance with our complaints policy
During your stay
If your visit requires treatment as a day-case patient, we will always aim to provide you with:
- privacy and dignity at all times
- at least one visit every day from a senior member of the nursing team
- an allocated member of the care team, who will co-ordinate your care and act as a primary contact point for you and your friend or relative
- 24 hour-a-day access to a doctor in accordance with your medical care needs
When you leave the clinic following treatment as a day-case patient, we want you to feel confident that you're sufficiently prepared for your return home. And so, in conjunction with your consultant, we aim to ensure that you'll be:
- provided with all the necessary advice, information and medical supplies to enable your immediate return to your home
- given all relevant contact details to enable you to call the hospital at any time should any problems arise
- contacted, by a member of your care team once you're at home (if you so wish), to confirm that you are making a satisfactory recovery and to provide you with any further advice
How we ensure patients receive high quality care
Our reputation is built on our ability to provide the service you want and need - resulting in medical treatment you can rely on and personal care you'll appreciate.
Our specialists at our clinic are leaders in their field. Our nurses are chosen not just for their professional skills, but also for their commitment to giving a high standard of personal care to all our patients.
As you'd expect, we offer a wide range of medical services, treatments and tests to help you regain your health or mobility, including those specifically for men or women only. We understand the delicate nature of these services and treatments, and will treat you with
The Eye Specialist provides quality services for eye disease, operation and eye glasses.
We are able to help with all aspects of travel medicine. We access advice and recommendations that are tailored to the areas you are visiting. We use a computerized travel programme to ensure the very latest advice is available.
We also have a sports injury clinic offering expertise in sports medicine. Our physiotherapist provides fast, effective treatment to aid recovery from injury. Treatment is available for neck pain, back pain, upper and lower limb problems and post-operative orthopaedics.
These are available only AFTER seeing your doctor, and allow prescriptions to be issued without a further appointment being necessary where a drug is required for a prolonged period. (This does not apply to the contraceptive pill where a blood pressure check is necessary every 6 months.)
Medicals & Private Services
We are happy to offer pre-employment, annual medical checks, and other medicals. The cost is outlined in our list of charges - please enquire at reception. We also offer well-person medicals as part of our service.
We may arrange dental patients’ appointments with the Dentist at Port Moresby General Hospital.
Our full time Nursing staff will be on hand for general medical enquiries, to give advice and facilitate the application of various treatment regimes, wound treatment, monitoring and surveillance in perinatal care, contraceptive counseling and generally to assist the medical staff.
High quality service you'll appreciate
Our reputation is built on our ability to provide the service you want and need, resulting in excellent medical treatment you can rely on and personal care you'll appreciate. Our patients can be confident that their rights will be recognised and respected by all staff involved in their care regardless of their age, disability, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
The upmost sensitivity
From the moment you arrive at the clinic, our thoughtful, understanding, supportive staff will be devoted to your well-being. We promise to explain medical matters in straight forward language, without using technical terms or jargon. And, in conjunction with your consultant, we'll give you all the facts and advice you need to help you prepare for your visit. We'll make sure you have everything you require and be ready to discuss any decisions affecting your treatment. There will always be friendly faces on hand to answer your questions and make sure you're at ease with what's happening.
Whatever your reason for visiting our clinic, you can feel confident that you'll benefit from up-to-date techniques, procedures and technology.
> Surgical & Medical
> Heart Specialists
> Family Planning
> Medical Examinations
> Medical Reports
> Eye Specialists
> Swedish Massage
> Sports Massage
> All Sports Injuries
> Chinese Acupunture